We’ve got the best gift ideas for the green thumb in your life. Our list of gifts for gardeners will give you tons of birthday and holiday gift ideas!
Here at Growfully, we have a soft spot for all things gardening. We’re an entire team full of plant lovers, so we feel incredibly confident offering you our favorite gift ideas for gardeners for 2021.
We cover every price range in our gift idea list—you’ll find everything from stocking stuffers to extravagant gifts. As expert gardeners, these are the exact gifts we’d want to receive! You can’t go wrong. Happy shopping!
What makes our 2021 list of gifts for gardeners the best ever?
We have personally tested the gifts on this list! Our team here at Growfully purchased these items, tried them in our own gardens, and are excited to recommend them! We don’t accept freebies for any of our gift guides, so you can trust that we really do love all of these gifts.
We’ve also created this list to have a good balance between big box stores and small businesses. We also made sure to include options from diverse companies, including BIPOC-owned companies, LGBTQ+-owned companies, and woman-owned companies. Happy shopping!
Note: Many of these links are affiliate links. This means that if you purchase through our link, we get a small kickback for referring you—at no additional cost to you.
Help your gardener stay organized or bring in their harvest with these garden storage solutions:
- Photo Boxes for Seed Storage—Plastic photo boxes are an organizational dream for the gardener with a ton of seeds.
- Garden Hods—A really beautiful harvest basket makes harvesting garden goodies easier, but also totally Instagram worthy! This is the one we use and love in the Growfully garden.
- Printable Seed Packets—Gift a pack of these printable seed packets for the gardener who saves their own seeds at the end of the season, or fill them with seeds from your own garden to share!
- Tub Trugs—Every gardener needs at least one of these, and preferably an entire colorful set! These are the most versatile tools in the garden. Use them for weeding, harvesting, mixing soil, hauling compost, storing tools—almost anything!
Garden Decor Gifts
Plants on their own are beautiful enough, but we love to accent our gardens with decor that welcomes pollinators and other wildlife. Here are some of our favorites:
- Bird House—These cedar bird houses are sealed only with linseed oil, which means they will slowly take on a beautiful weathered look over time. They are each optimized in size and shape for particular types of birds, so choose the one that matches the feathered friends on your property.
- Toad House—Toads are always welcome in our gardens because they eat the insect pests that can infest plants. Give them a cool, shaded place to rest with a toad house.
- Bird Feeder—These simple, elegant bird feeders are a great way to attract beautiful songbirds to the garden. These feeders aren’t squirrel-proof, so if pesky squirrels are a problem, try this squirrel-proof feeder.
- Rain Gauge—Help your gardener keep track of their watering needs with a rain gauge. We love this copper mushroom version.
- Teardrop Mason Bee House—Provide a safe space for pollinators that is sheltered from the weather and predators, and you’ll hopefully attract more bees to your garden!
- Pollinator Parking Sign—This “pollinator parking” sign makes a fun garden decoration. And it is treated to prevent rust, making it outdoor-friendly.
- Rain Chain—This bright and beautiful rain chain works well as an alternative to a downspout, but it’s just as beautiful as a hanging decoration anywhere in the garden!
- Bird Bath—A ceramic bird bath adds some beauty to your garden space while also helping birds and pollinators.
- Bird Seed Ornaments—Make these handmade ornaments on your own or with the kids to bring birds to the garden.
Gifts for Gardeners to Wear
You can’t go wrong with a gift that protects your gardeners from the elements!
- Digz Gardening Gloves—We’ve used Digz gloves for years in the Growfully garden! They come in an array of adorable patterns and styles. These would make the perfect stocking stuffer for your favorite gardener.
- Homemade Natural Bug Repellent—Our all-natural bug spray actually WORKS, and will keep mosquitos, ticks, and other biting insects out of your way.
- Duluth Sun Hat—This is our go-to garden hat! It’s packable, breathable, and comes in multiple sizes and colors to fit a range of gardeners.
- Plant Keeper Apron—Made of sturdy denim and hand worked leather, this apron was designed with gardeners in mind. While it is on the higher end of the cost range in this gift guide, it is beautiful and useful and sure to last for years.
- Bee Supportive Enamel Pin—Celebrate everyone’s favorite pollinator with this pin designed by an Indigenous (Acoma Pueblo) artist.
- Heirloom Veggies Crop Tee—The Growfully-designed line art on this cute crop top showcases all of our favorite vegetables to grow.
- Grow Your Own Food Enamel Mug—We love this durable and lightweight mug to bring our tea or coffee to check on the garden every morning.
- Grow Your Own Food Long Sleeve Tee—This soft long sleeve tee is great for cool days in the garden.
- Plant More Milkweed Sticker—Show your love for milkweed and monarch butterflies with this colorful vinyl sticker.
- Never Stop Growing Triblend Tee—When you work in the garden, you aren’t just growing food—you’re also growing your heart, mind, and soul. Celebrate that with this triblend t-shirt, designed by us here at Growfully.
Give their gardening practices an upgrade with these favorite tools.
- Fiskars Herb Scissors—Meet the most-used tool in the entire Growfully garden! These mini scissors are great for thinning out plantings, clipping off weeds, pruning plants, harvesting herbs, and picking flowers.
- Pruners—A high-quality set of pruners is a must for any garden tool basket, and we love these simple ones from Fiskars. Gardeners frequently need new sets of pruners, so adding these to a stocking or gift basket is always a good idea.
- Hoe and Cultivator—This combo tool is an absolute must-have for every gardener. In fact, most gardeners have more than one because it is just so useful!
- The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible—This is the one book we recommend all gardeners have in their library. It’s a great resource for beginning gardeners, but it also has enough expert information for advanced gardeners to find useful for years to come.
- Rapitest—The very best way to get your soil tested is to go through your county extension office and get a high quality lab test, but if that’s not a possibility, these Rapitest kits will give you a good idea of where to start with amending soil. These would be a great stocking stuffer for any gardener!
- pH Meter—Testing the pH level of your soil is an important step to making sure your plants succeed—and this pH meter makes it fast and easy. Slide one of these into your gardener’s stocking, and they’ll be super grateful.
- Paper Pot Maker—Starting seeds is one of the most wonderful parts of gardening—it’s the first taste of spring! This pot maker upcycles newspaper into usable, plantable pots for seedlings.
Creative Gifts for Gardeners
What do you get the gardener who already has all the tools and equipment they need? We’re glad you asked! Here are some of our favorite unique gifts for gardeners.
- Kids Gardening Kit—This one’s for the kiddos who love science or want to learn to garden. It comes with everything they need to grow 3 types of vegetables, puzzles, games, and art activities, all bundled into a cotton backpack.
- Garden Journal—Keep track of your planting schedule, your soil amendments, and how your plants do year after year with these printable gardening journal pages. With over 140 pages, this garden journal printable bundle has everything you need to make a beautifully-designed, information-packed garden journal today!
- Plant Markers—Sure, you could label your plants with some handwritten wood or plastic tags. Or you could get these sturdy laser-cut wooden plant markers that look great and can be used over and over again.
- Little Worlds Farmer Pin—Enamel pin enthusiasts will love this sweet gardening-themed pin.
- Tutti Frutti Puzzle—This vibrant 500 piece puzzle is a great way to pass a stormy weekend when you can’t get out in the garden.
- 5×7 Outdoor Blanket—Throw the carrying strap over your shoulder and bring your picnic to the garden. Both sides are water resistant, and it’s also machine washable! These are also sold in a smaller 5’x5’ size, which is a perfect size for kids to play and snack.
- Frozen Herb Starter Trays— Help your gardener preserve their harvest with some herb freezing trays. We love this silicone version because it is so easy to pop the herb cubes out once they are frozen.
- Gardener’s Soap—This goat’s milk soap is loaded with exfoliants to help you scrub off all the dirt after a stint in the garden, but is also moisturizing enough to keep your hands soft.
- Gardener’s Spa Gift Set—Not only is this set filled with goodies to use during and after a long day in the garden, but it also comes beautifully packaged in a gift box, so it is a no-effort gift to give!
- Membership to Botanical Gardens—Gift a membership to the local gardens, so your garden lovers can wander and get inspired.
- Garden Ornaments—These hand painted glass ornaments are beautiful keepsakes, and come in all sorts of gardener-friendly shapes. Choose from a selection of your favorite pollinators, gardening tools, or plants.
- Braiding Sweetgrass—This book, written by an acclaimed Indigenous horticulturist, is a beautiful mixture of scientific tidbits and rich, spiritual wisdom that is a wonderful read for anyone who has a deep appreciation for plants.
- The Forager’s Pantry—If you’ve ever stumbled upon a treasure trove of wild mushrooms or native berries only to get them home without a clue what to do with them, this book is for you! It has practical, delicious recipes featuring commonly foraged foods plus lots of substitution options if you don’t have all the listed foraged ingredients.
- Prayer Flags—We get lots of questions about the flags in our garden, and they are a set of these handmade prayer flags, traditionally believed to bring peace, prosperity, and happiness.
We hope you’ve found the perfect gifts for the gardeners in your life! We sure had fun testing out all these products. Happy shopping!
Looking for more creative gift ideas?
- 45+ Easy DIY Food Gifts. Giving the gift of something delicious is always a great idea. These are affordable handmade gifts that everyone on your list will love!
- 37+ Creative Gifts for Coffee Lovers. Have a java lover on your list? We have a whole set of unique gift ideas for coffee fans, from stocking stuffers on up.
- 29+ Gifts for Plant Lovers. Our gift guide of creative gifts for plant lovers will make the holidays jolly for all the houseplant lovers on your list.
- 38+ Creative Gifts for Bakers. No matter your budget, we have some amazing gift ideas for the bakers in your life!
- 65+ Fun Gifts for Foodies. From fun stocking stuffers, to tasty snacks, to beautiful cookware, we know what all the foodies on your list want.
- 40+ Gifts for Beer Lovers. Our list of fun gifts has something for every brew fan on your list!
- Creative Sustainable Gifts Ideas. Help everyone on your list go green with our suggested sustainable gifts.
- 39+ Gifts for Tea Lovers. Pour yourself a mug of tea, and check out our guide to the best gifts for tea fans.
- 32+ Best Gifts for Whiskey Lovers. Make the holiday season extra special with these gifts for whiskey lovers.
- 32+ Gifts for Bird Lovers. From stuffed birds that make real bird calls to peacock trinket trays, we have gift ideas for all ages of bird lovers.